Owning a home means that one day you will need to address Roofing Repairs in Lisle IL like leaks, damage, repairs, and inspections. If you’re lucky, it might only require replacing a few shingles, other times might demand major repairs. Learning to recognize early signs of problems can circumvent major repairs and save significant repair bills.
The most common types of roof repairs include:
* Leaks -; Unfortunately, roof leaks can be difficult to detect, unless of course, there is a huge whole in the roof. Leaks or moisture from rain, hail, snow, or ice can all cause moisture to penetrate under the roof leading to leaks, rot, or mold. Popped nails can allow water to leak in as can damaged or missing flashing around chimneys.
* Ponding Water -; Water that stands or pools on a roof, especially for more than 48 hours, is indicative of a problem. Common culprits include debris accumulation to improperly draining gutters or HVAC units.
* Structural Damage -; Roofing Repairs in Lisle IL are likely needed after experiencing severe storms with high winds or hail. Sometimes the damage is indirectly caused due to fallen trees or large limbs. The damage may include missing shingles, punctures, whole sections of roofing material displaced, or even collapsed roofs.
* Faulty Installation -; Not hiring a reputable roofing professional significantly increases the likelihood of developing problems with the roof. This can include flashing that hasn’t been installed correctly. The flashing serves to protect against leaks in areas where the roof has holes such as ventilation pipes, chimneys, skylights, and HVAC systems. Not installing flashing correctly causes open seams that are vulnerable to winds.
* Lack of Maintenance -; Many repairs can be avoided or at least reduced significantly with routine maintenance. Trees that have hanging branches that brush against the shingles, should be trimmed, because over time the branches wear the protective granules off the shingles. Gutters and downspouts need to be inspected for damage or debris buildup that can cause moisture damage or basement flooding.
These are just a few of the many types of roofing issues that can occur, which is why annual roof inspections by trained professionals, is so important. Contact us if its been a while since your roof was inspected, or worse, if you cannot remember ever having it inspected.