Choosing a certified and reliable roofer is an important but difficult task for homeowners who aren’t familiar with the industry. Roofing is largely unregulated, and it is important to choose a roofer who’s been in the business for a while-;and who will be around to honor their warranty. There are many roofers who offer low-quality installation and shoddy workmanship, and many businesses close before problems arise. The questions below, as well as their answers, can help homeowners select a good Roofing Contractor Mundelein IL.
- How long ago was the company established? Solid companies are more likely to be around when problems appear.
- Does the company have a physical address along with a reliable email address and phone number? Good contractors should willingly provide this information.
- Does the company hire subcontractors? These workers are often paid per job, which can result in substandard workmanship as they rush to get things done.
- Does the roofing company offer written estimates and contracts, and what are its deposit requirements? All prices should be given in writing, and financially stable companies usually don’t ask for deposits.
- Is the company a member of the Chamber of Commerce or the Better Business Bureau? Look for ratings and consider the company’s size when monitoring complaints.
- Is the roofer registered with the WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board), and is there liability coverage?
- Is the company a part of any national or local professional associations?
- Is the contractor certified to install the products offered? A certified contractor offers a good warranty on all installations, and their guidelines are stricter.
- Does the roofing company offer emergency service? A contractor offering emergency services can handle a severe problem right away, even if business hours are over.
- Can the company provide references from previous satisfied customers? An established roofing company should willingly provide the contact information for customers who were happy with the job that was done.
Roofing is an important investment, and the decision should never be made solely on price. As mentioned above, the roofing industry is largely unregulated, and anyone can be a Roofing Contractor in Mundelein IL. A handyman can provide lower prices, but that price often comes at the expense of job quality. Homeowners can Visit the Site to learn how to select the right roofer.