Rats are rodents that carry diseases that can affect humans and animals. Leptospirosis and Rat-Bite Fever are just a couple of the diseases these creatures carry. Not only do they pose a danger to the health of the occupants of a home, they can also cause damage to a property. For these reasons, many homeowners rely on the professionals for Rat Control in Dublin.
How Do Rats Cause Damage in a Home?
Rats can cause extensive damage in a home, especially if they are in great numbers. It is imperative homeowners are aware of the types of damage that can occur with rats so they will be sure they seek the professionals for Rat Control in Dublin.
* Rats will chew on many types of materials, including wood, paper, and cloth. They will shred materials for making nests for their offspring. If a homeowner sees nesting materials, it is essential they seek help from the professionals or the rat population in their home will continue to rise.
* Rats can also chew on electrical wiring in a home. Not only does this cause expensive damage, it can also lead to fires. If a rat causes damage to a wire, the sparks that erupt from the casing can catch the materials of the home on fire, which can end up being deadly.
* Rats will often destroy the insulation within the walls and flooring of a home. They will use the insulation to make warm nests. Damaged insulation can lead to increased energy costs in a home.
* Sometimes, rats will enter appliances and make their nests inside. They can cause damage to the appliances which will often lead to expensive repair issues that need to be taken care of right away.
* Rats can destroy valuables, family photos, artwork, and heirlooms. They are also dirty creatures which can leave behind oily stains on walls and baseboards.
Call For Pest Control Services Right Away
If your home has a rat problem, contact House & Home Pest Control so they can immediately take care of your issues and rid your home of these pests.